Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's not the Age we award, it's the ACTIVE !



Yesterday, I managed to pop into the same Seven-11 store around my neighbourhood. The counter lady handed me a copy of TODAY newspaper of Wednesday 29 July 2009. I often patronise the coffeeshops, shops and foodstalls around my kampong. Ordering a cup of good kopi-o, I sat down to digest the news in an orderly manner. When I reached page 8 of the paper...an even clearer picture of the Active Agers Award Publicity ad stared at me. This time the accompanying text is in English.
To read the text, simply click on the photo image. In any case, I will reproduce it here.
50 plus Active Agers Awards 2009
Active Ageing, Active Living

Do you know an active ager?

They work, volunteer and look after grandchildren. They blog, surf and twitter. They pick up new hobbies and sports and travel the world with their friends. They live with zest and energy, and are happy to share their secrets to active ageing with their peers.
This year the Council for Third Age will present the Active Agers award to seven seniors. If you know someone who fits the bill, go ahead - nominate them now!
Attractive prizes await both winners and nominators.

Nominations close on 17 August 2009.
Go to www.activeageingfestival.comsg/awards

or you can pick up a nomination form from the following places:-
  • Bugis Junction
  • Bt Panjang Plaza
  • Century Square
  • Heartland Mall Kovan
  • Hougang Mall
  • Junction 8
  • Lot One
  • Sembawang Shopping Centre
  • Tiong Bahru Plaza
  • Vivo City
  • West Mall
  • White Sands

No comments: