Thursday, April 16, 2009

Unk Dicko and Shigeto Takahashi...part 4


While enjoying the after dinner stroll along the waterfront..raindrops started to fall. We decided to head back to my car parked at the B1 carpark.
While heading back to Pasir Panjang via Telok Blangah Road, traffic was very light. I was cruising and Shigeto played some of his memorable tunes posted on Youtube...seated beside me on the front seat. He was obviously happy to be holding and strumming a ukulele while enjoying his first night in lovely Singapore.


Somewhere along our leisurely drive, D2 pointed to a lighted up poster, requested me to pull over to the kerbside and asked Shigeto to take a closer look.
He did and exclaimed, " That's you....Dicko-san! " We came out to capture some snapshots with my camera. He was still strumming away.
After we passed by several more of such posters he said,
" You are famous Dicko-san!" I left all the explanations to D2...haha.


When we arrived at his hotel, he thanked us profusely for everything and for the night. Before we left, I took my ukulele and handed it to him...to keep him company since he did not bring any.
We promised to meet up again before his stay ends.


4 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

What a heart-warming story of friendship forged over the internet.

Unk Dicko said...

You are so right. Indeed it is the internet that has connected us.He found me and I welcome Shigeto-san openly to Singapore.

sigeto said...

Thank you so much.
Dicko-san.

I was little a bit tired last nighht.
Now very good.

I am happy to read this blog!

Thank you.

And uploaded Youtube movie in Singapore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK43Rzhf_kg

Unk Dicko said...

Shigeto-san...you are most welcome again to Singapore.
The next time you come here, I will bring you to beautiful island and our beautiful gardens and parks. No ukulele, no problem.
Dicko-san can provide again.
Thank you for showing me the chords for your playing, that day at Changi airport.