Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dinner for Wuhan Guests at SGCC

Since their arrival on Saturday night, our Wuhan guests have had a packed programme of visits to Suntec City, Orchard Road, Paragon Mall, Bugis Village, Clarke Quay, the National Museum and more... . Monday was Youth Day, a school holiday and the pupils from Wuhan would have had their share of sightseeing too with the hosting parents and their buddies.
And yesterday, Tuesday 8 July, they went to Gongshang Pri School for the 1st time. I understand they had quite a busy programme in the school.
Thus it was only fitting that we hosted a Dinner for our dear guests and friends from Wuhan last night. The venue was the Grille Room at the Serangoon Gardens Country Club.
The menu was typically western. So what did we eat? It was order as you like....sirlion steak, pan-fried cod, clam chowder, soup, etc..etc.. To top it all up we had the" house special"for dessert...a rich chocolate coated ice-cream cake. And haha! I almost forgot ...the inevitable red wine for the many rounds of Toastings. Cheers! Kan Pei!


Before dinner began D2 presented a bag of goodies to the 3 Wuhan staff. Then Mr Fu, my good friend, again surprised me by presenting me with a framed photo poster. It was a most beautiful picture of me presenting the ukulele gift to Principal Zheng when we first arrived in Wuhan.
I intend to devise a method to scan that picture even though the poster block is 12 mm thick...and put it up on this website.
I understand the picture gift is from
the Shui Guo Hu School.
Xie Xie!!

No comments: