Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Sword of Gou Jian...King of YUE !


Photo:
The real sword on display at the Hubei Museum.
In the movie, this actress took on the role as King Gou Jian's faithful wife...Yayu.



The Sword of Gou Jian...King of YUE
Every Saturday, from about 2.30 - 4.30 pm, Mediacorp telecast the serial " The Great Revival" on our local TV.
In hanyu pinyin it is sometimes referred to as "Wo Xin Chang Dan " as a title of this series. There has been several movie and serial versions made of this epic story between King Gou Jian of Yue kingdom and his deadly adversary King Fu Chai of Wu Kingdom. I happened to be doing quite a bit of research of China's ancient history, when I came upon the story of the most well-preserved ancient sword of all time. That was about 2 years ago. Then, inexplicably I switched on the TV one Saturday, this year and saw this actual story being shown weekly. I was hooked. Except for times I was away or for the kids' sake, I caught up on all the unfolding drama, the history, plots and sub-plots of this incomparable story.
Has any of you watched it yet?
I'm thinking of buying the whole series of 41 episodes .....later when the price goes down.
Why I'm writing this post now is because of the research I've done and still doing.
The Yues were allied to the Chu Kingdom. Their common enemy was the WU kingdom. In ancient times, the original "YIP" or "YE" people were from CHU kingdom !
Refer to my previous, earlier post in this blogsite.
The Yues were very much linked to the Chus ( the forefathers of the Ye ).
Recently, I visited Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province....with D2. There, with the help of a professional guide Shirley and a friend Mr Fu , we went to the Hubei Provincial Museum where
we were taken to see the actual "Sword of Gou Jian " ( see photo at top ).
Using my camera, I took several snapshots of this unforgettable sight...as well as many other
equally superb finds.
Most of my photos and detailed reports about all this will be at my Blogsite...in upcoming posts.

Labels:
,

No comments: