Saturday, January 15, 2011

Serangoon SWING...part 7, Minstrels made TV news!

Serangoon Countdown SWING on 31 December 2010 attracted a large crowd of more than 20 thousand people. Local TV stars and media celebrities were definite crowd-pullers. Some sang a song or two before going off elsewhere for other countdown engagements. Mark Lee and Henry Thia, that unlikely pair, made the crowd rock with much laughter with their mixture of eccentric Hokkien, Mandarin and even pasar Malay in their stand-up comical banter.
Besides the promise of fireworks to usher in the New Year, one of the certain attractions was to be the appearance by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong himself as Guest of Honour for this event.
That would take place close to 11 pm that night.

When my Minstrels and I were entertaining on stage we had absolutely no idea whether we were captured "live'' by any media or Tv crew. It was only much later when Hoe Yeen Nie, Senior Reporter for MediaCorp News Hub, was referred to me to interview me about the Minstrels and my background...that I realised they had some filming done.
I had no prior idea when or even whether the footage will be aired. Subsequently, some of my Minstrels and friends told me that we were featured prominently in the Primetime news and on Razor TV...as shown below.





[ Hoe Yeen Nie from MediaCorp reporting the event"Live" ]










































No comments: