Sunday, July 19, 2009

AYG - A Birthday Celebration and a new Ukulele fan!


One day, I received an SMS from one of the student volunteers asking for permission to skip her Sunday duty at the Games Village. Yes...we all worked through all the Saturdays and Sundays from as early as 6.30 am to 10 pm plus.
I then asked her for the reasons. She related that she would like to celebrate her birthday on that day.
When I met her the very next day on her shift duty I suggested that she could, if she wanted to, celebrate the occasion right there at the Intro Bar and we would all rejoice with her.
That was what actually happened as this photo showed. Happy Birthday!


Here is the latest fan club member of Unk Dicko's ukulele group. Lydia, who is a teacher volunteer from Christchurch Secondary was able to observe my ukulele playing very closely...not just the fingering of chords but strumming patterns and styles.
I encouraged her to give it a try and she somehow displayed quite a natural gift for the ukulele. Hope she can really pick it up from here.

2 comments:

Its ME said...

Hello Uncle Dick, I am 46, can I learn to play ukelele from you too?

Unk Dicko said...

Hi there,
Anyone can learn to play the ukulele from me. If you are really keen and have some time to spare do drop me a line to confirm and I shall get in touch with you through your email.

Regards
unk Dicko