Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Thomas Train?...No, it's the SG Train !


I noticed that the Country Club Food and Beverage staff were looking on in amusement and bewilderment as the train chugged along among the neatly laid out dining sets.
Can't blame them as it was indeed quite a spectacle!
As the heading for my previous post on this story said...what recession?
And may I also add ....what turmoil? What Bird flu? What melamine? What this or that?
Why bury ourselves in the sand as soon as some dark clouds hover over us. Better to look up and face the grey sky with faithful optimism.
That's the thing that struck me as I watched this happy train of people moving along...with seemingly nether


a care or worry about tomorrow.
That's the kind of spirit I think we will need to overcome many of the so- called difficulties facing our people and our nation today.

No comments: